I want to add Ridge and maybe Lasso regression

(Yuriy Zaletskyy) #1

I want to implement Ridge and Lasso regression. As you recommend on github web site, I’ve decided to talk to you first. Do you have any comments, ideas why to add/not to add such a feature to your project?

(Christoph Rüegg) #2

Ah, maybe I should remove that remark…

Ridge and lasso regression have both been asked for multiple times already, so this would certainly be welcome, and also fit well to the library!

Thanks,
Christoph

(Yuriy Zaletskyy) #3

I’ve implemented closed form of ridge regression. But when I wanted to push it to separated branch I’ve got following error message:

git.exe push --progress “origin” RidgeRegression
remote: Permission to mathnet/mathnet-numerics.git denied to YuriyZaletskyy.
fatal: unable to access ‘https://github.com/mathnet/mathnet-numerics.git/’: The requested URL returned error: 403
git did not exit cleanly (exit code 128) (16031 ms @ 7/13/2018 04:02:08 PM)

Mine email for github is zaljrur(at)gmail.com

(Christoph Rüegg) #4

Ah yes - we use the GitHub flow approach for contributions, where you essentially create a fork of the mathnet-numerics repository, commit and push your changes there (ideally in a new branch) and then open a pull request against mathnet/mathnet-numerics from your branch.

Would that work for you? There are also other ways that would work.

Thanks,
Christoph

(Yuriy Zaletskyy) #5

Yes,
I’ve just skipped step of creating fork. I’ve downloaded source code, created new branch and wanted to push. I’ll try with fork creation, branch creation etc.
Update. I’ve created pull request. Hopefully I’ve made everything fine