Native dlls in Native providers packages

Hi,

Looking at the alpha releases of the native providers, i can’t find the actual native dlls in the package. This is true for all native providers i checked, including MKL and OpenBLAS that used to have it on former releases. Do i miss something?

Yes, this is currently a bit confusing in the prerelease, and the naming doesn’t help either:

Native providers consist of two parts: the actual native libraries (as before) as well as the binding which implements the provider interface and wires it through to these native libraries. These bindings used to be part of Numerics, but for multiple reasons I’ve now moved them out to separate packages. This means that currently you need to add two packages.

For example, with MKL on Windows:

• MathNet.Numerics.Providers.MKL - the bindings
  • MathNet.Numerics.MKL.Win - the actual native libraries, for Windows

The goal is certainly to simplify this - maybe by making MathNet.Numerics.MKL.Win depend on MathNet.Numerics.Providers.MKL, then you could continue to reference the platform specific native libraries and automatically also get the bindings.

Got you. Thanks for you answer. Makes sense. Should we expect any MathNet.Numerics.CODA.x package with native CODA related libraries? if not, which dlls from the CODA sdk one need to use? I am currently only interested on Windows libraries

If anyone (even one that is not a contributor of Math.NET) know answer to this ( if not, which dlls from the CODA sdk one need to use?) will be great to get your insight