Using MathNet.NumericsMKL.Winx64

(wil lapointe) #1

I have an older Visual Studio 2012 C# .NET 4.5 project that uses a reference to the the MathNet.Numerics.dll for Linear Algebra. In the project code I used the following fragment to reference DenseMatrix

using MathNet.Numerics.LinearAlgebra;
using MathNet.Numerics.LinearAlgebra.Double;

namespace FOO
{
public class Matrix_Double : MathNet.Numerics.LinearAlgebra.Double.DenseMatrix
{

I now want to update my development environment to Visual Studio C# .NET 4.5 2017 to implement the NuGet MathNet.Numerics.MKL.Win-x64 package buit after successfully installing the package, changing all of my build settings to x64, and adding the MathNet.Numerics.MKL.Win-x64 reference to my project I’m still unable to properly reference MathNet as above. Has anyone else run into this issue? I’ve searched the documentation available but could not find a solution.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks;

Wil

(Peter Vanderwaart) #2

At what point does it fail? Meaning for your public class Matrix_Double, after you type MathNet does it offer the option of Numerics, after Numerics does it offer the option of LinearAlgebra, etc.

(wil lapointe) #3

Hi Peter;

Its failing at MathNet as if the package was never referenced.

Wil

(Peter Vanderwaart) #4

Unfortunately, that means I probably can’t help you. I’m not strong on the packaging stuff.

(wil lapointe) #5

Thanks for looking Peter, much appreciated. I guess I’m not either. Everything looks right after the installation. I do have what looks like a reference within my VS 2017 project but the Namespace is just not working as before with the MathNet.Numerics.dll reference as used for AnyCPU builds. Since the MathNet Namespace is not even recognized it must be something I’ve done wrong.

Wil